Security Working Group meeting - Wednesday August 17

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu Aug 18 02:57:28 AEST 2022

On Wed, 2022-08-17 at 11:13 -0500, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> On 8/17/22 12:11 AM, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 17 Aug 2022, at 12:37, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> > > This is a reminder of the OpenBMC Security Working Group meeting
> > > scheduled for this Wednesday August 17 at 10:00am PDT.
> > Given the discussion from last meeting, is this on Discord?
>
> No.  The meeting access for Aug 17 is the same as before:
> https://ibm.webex.com/meet/joseph.reynolds1
>
> I wanted to give a couple of weeks notice (A) for attendees to firm up
> any objections to moving

Injecting my opinions in case they are helpful...but probably not 🤣

I likely sound cliché but someone will always be unhappy with every
decision, including this one.  As the WG host, have -you- been convinced
that improved collalboration between the security working group and the
developer community is worthwhile, and that moving to Discord will
improve that?  If so - go for it!

People were (and still are) opposed to moving from IRC to Discord, but
we now have 500 people on our server and levels of collaboration in the
developer community never before seen in OpenBMC...

Thanks,
Brad