IPMI Sensors

Erhan Y. erhan14 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 22:56:07 AEST 2022

Hi,We are trying to port OpenBMC for our custom server motherboard. We have added our sensors in "aspeed-ipmi-inventory-sensors.yaml" and "aspeed-ipmi-sensors.yaml" files. Then added the hwmon related conf files in our custom meta layer (e.g. hwmon/ahb/apb/bus at 1e78a000/i2c-bus at 40/temp2 at 49.conf).
After adding and deploying these, we could not see the sensors in the Vue UI, but "ipmitool sdr" returns the sensors as in "disabled" state. Then we added "phosphor-inventory-manager/associations.json" and after that they came up in GUI. But again when we query with ipmitool, they are still in disabled state. We are using kirkstone branch with aspeed-g5 processor.
What are the actual required steps for adding our sensors, cpus, dimms, fans etc.? The documentation is not so clear.Thanks