Question on build initial release and getting a root file system for initial testing

Patton, Schuyler spatton at ti.com
Wed Aug 10 02:37:04 AEST 2022

Hi,

I am looking for any recommendations someone might have on how to just build an initial root file system of openbmc on a platform new to openbmc. We have added machine name and our build is failing at trying to build fit images but believe everything has been built

Is there a recipe that will assemble just a tar file or ext4 image that has all the bmc applications installed? I can add the kernel and modules independently if necessary.

Regards,
Schuyler Patton
Sitara MPU System Applications
Texas Instruments