Updated CCLA for Qualcomm Inovation Center Inc

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Apr 14 06:27:58 AEST 2022

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:41:21PM -0700, Jae Hyun Yoo wrote:
> On 4/13/2022 12:19 PM, Patrick Williams wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 09:59:16AM -0700, Jae Hyun Yoo wrote:
> >> Hi Brad,

> >> I checked my email inbox and found that Qualcomm CCLA is accepted a
> >> month ago, but CI build isn't triggered automatically if I submit a
> >> change into Gerrit.
> >>
> >> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/entity-manager/+/52577
> >>
> >> Should I make any additional request to make it available?
> >
> > Hello Jae.
> >
> > We should probably write up some better documentation on this process.
> > When Brad "accepts" a CCLA update that just means he's put it into the
> > Google Drive, AFAIK.  He doesn't do anything in Gerrit/Jenkins.
> >
> > What we need to do is:
> >
> > 1. Create a quic/ci-authorized-owners and quic/ci-authorized group in
> >     Gerrit for your members.
> >
> > 2. Create a commit in openbmc-build-scripts to add quic/ci-authorized to
> >     the Jenkins approved list.
> >
> > 3. Add everyone in the CLA to ci-authorized and the CLA Manager(s) to
> >     ci-authorized-owners.
> >
> > 4. Retrigger your commit(s) in Jenkins so the approval process sees that
> >     you are in a CLA group.
> >
> > In the meantime, I can manually "+1 Ok-To-Test" your EM commit above so
> > that Jenkins will run on it.  Can you confirm 'quic' is what you want to
> > see for your company CLA name and work on #2?  Andrew Geissler or I can
> > take care of #1 and #3.
> >
> > See https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/admin/groups for similar groups
> > for other companies.
>
> Hello Patrick,
>
> Thank you for your kind explanation.
> I tried to find a way of creating a new group in the
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/admin/groups but I can't find any.
> Probably a permission issue?
>
> I would really appreciate it if you can take care of them. 'quic' is
> what I want to see as the CLA name.
>
> Regards,
> Jae

I've taken care of #1.  You are the only one that seems to have a Gerrit
account, so I've done #3 the best I can.  It would be good if, at least,
your CLA Manager could create a Gerrit account so that we can add them
to the `quic/ci-authorized-owners` group and they can add new members
themselves.

I've manually "+1 Ok-To-Test" your EM commit, as mentioned.  Waiting on
you to take care of #2.  See this example commit:

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/commit/123ffbe91566073ecc73553cb32ddccf7a8a342e

--
Patrick Williams