BMC clock unable to sync time offset from RTC

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Sep 29 05:27:21 AEST 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 10:52:18AM +0000, Zhang, ShuoX wrote:
> Hi,
>      I have a question and need your help. The time of bmc has always been UTC time.

This is by design.  By default, we have the BMC always use UTC internally.  Any
alternative timezones are exposed only at external interfaces (such as the
webui).

Some people statically configure the BMC to another timezone, but I don't know
how well this is tested.  There is not currently any code to support dynamically
changing the timezone of the BMC.

--
Patrick Williams