[External] Re: New test for patches in openbmc/openbmc

Lei Yu yulei.sh at bytedance.com
Fri Sep 24 21:06:10 AEST 2021

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 6:29 PM Thang Nguyen
<thang at amperemail.onmicrosoft.com> wrote:

> Hi Ed,
> I have 2 questions on this topics:
> 1. I have a patch
> meta-ampere/meta-jade/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-aspeed/0003-aspeed-support-passing-system-reset-status-to-kernel.patch
> which ported from Intel code. It is to add BMC reset cause to boot
> command line (/proc/cmdline) in which I can check for chassis power
> policy which skip when BMC reboots (does not change CPU status). As the
> patch is from Intel, what is the procedure to make it reviewed and
> applied to u-boot?

I have a similar case.
As an x86 system, some of the recipes/changes are referenced from
Intel-BMC, which is not upstreamed.
Currently, we had patches related to UART routing and
phosphor-node-manager-proxy.
The UART routing patches are being upstreamed thanks to Troy.
The change to node-manager is related to the HW design difference, and
due to the fact that phosphor-node-manager-proxy is in Intel-BMC, we
can not really make the patch upstream.

How do we handle such cases?

--
BRs,