Kernel moving to Linux v5.14

Tao Ren rentao.bupt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:48:07 AEST 2021

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 06:11:18AM +0000, Joel Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sept 2021 at 06:08, Tao Ren <rentao.bupt at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This has now been merged. Thank you to those who reviewed the change.
> > >
> > > Please address future kernel changes to the dev-5.14 tree.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Joel
> >
> > Thanks Joel for carrying and backporting the patches. I'm also porting
> > Linux v5.14 to Facebook OpenBMC tree and these patches are very helpful.
>
> Thanks, I appreciate you saying so.
>
> Even more helpful would be to have your patches in the openbmc tree, I
> would think.
>
> Would you consider doing that, instead of us both having to spend time
> maintaining separate trees?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joel

Hi Joel,

I'd love to share the same kernel tree, but I'm afraid it will introduce
a lot of overhead for you at this stage, because we still have a set of
local patches which may take a while to upstream (mainly due to resource
constraints).

In other word, sharing the same kernel tree is my goal, but we are not
fully ready yet (couldn't meet three iterations policy) :)

Cheers,

Tao