回覆: 回覆: [phosphor-host-ipmid] Questions about IPMI (OEM) command development

Chris Chen (TPI) Chris.Chen3 at flex.com
Tue Sep 7 10:35:19 AEST 2021

Hi Anrdrei,

Thank you for your helpful comments.

Regards,
Chris Chen

________________________________
寄件者: Andrei Kartashev <a.kartashev at yadro.com>
寄件日期: 2021年9月6日 下午 06:15
收件者: Chris Chen (TPI) <Chris.Chen3 at flex.com>; openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
主旨: Re: 回覆: [phosphor-host-ipmid] Questions about IPMI (OEM) command development

Hello,

I don't represent Intel, but have some considerations about this topic:
1) Try to not reuse intel-ipmi-oem. Much better solution would be to
create your own xxx-ipmi-oem package and implement only methods you
really need.
2) Better way would be to implement required logic in phosphor-host-
ipmid and submit changes there. I didn't investigate this yet since we
also pull intel-ipmi-oem to our project, but I believe, it should not
be too difficult. Don't repeat our mistakes ).
3) There is priority argument which you can use to determine handler
call order.
4) Most functions there are specific for Intel servers, so the useless
even is you use Intel CPUs but your own platform.
5) Use "journalctl -t ipmid -o pretty-json" or something like this. But
now it is recommended to use new syntax:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-logging/blob/master/docs/structured-logging.md__;!!HSntlCg!G61XcVxUr8Hli8HqIlebVYji3tTPXsn33W5oyo-FlU8fbm6Zd66S0H6cseru6Bcw$

--
Best regards,
Andrei Kartashev