beep code manager for openbmc

Ren, Zhikui zhikui.ren at intel.com
Fri Sep 3 06:15:21 AEST 2021

Hi All,

Beepcode manager is a stand-alone beep code service should be created to manage the beeper hardware, and provide D-Bus methods to expose the beeper function globally, all other services can use the beeper hardware by calling the beep methods.

This package has been included in our distribution. Now we would like  to upstream it and make it available to the community.
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/tree/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-phosphor/beepcode-mgr

Since it is now a very light service that only have one source file and a service file. I am wondering whether this service can go to an existing repository.
If not, we would like to request a new repository for it.

Thanks,
Zhikui