`phosphor-loggin` APIs

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Fri Sep 3 01:19:03 AEST 2021

Hello,

I wanted to make sure everyone was aware the that phosphor-logging `lg2` APIs
are now merged.  I've ported a few repositories to use them as samples you can
use for reference:
    - phosphor-virtual-sensor
    - phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt
    - dbus-sensors (in review)

I'd certainly appreciate if people want to help do a conversion on any
repository using the original phosphor-logging API.

These were talked about originally here:
    https://lore.kernel.org/openbmc/YQBrbuQFz4JihBAE@heinlein/

If you are doing conversions, you should find that the logging calls are more
succinct and you should not need additional calls like `string.c_str()` or
`exception.what()`.  The lg2 APIs automatically convert most basic types.  If
you are finding you are having to make data manipulation calls in this
conversion process I'd like to know about it so we can make the API easier for
everyone.

Catch me on email or Discord with questions.

--
Patrick Williams