ipmitool sdr command prompts "ipmitool: ipmi_sdr_get_record() failed" error for phosphor-health-monitor

Heyi Guo guoheyi at linux.alibaba.com
Fri Oct 29 19:50:57 AEDT 2021

Hi all,

We have just upgrading to openbmc 2.10.0 release, and also enabled
dynamic sensor and hybrid sensor for phosphor-ipmi-host. However
ipmitool sdr command shows below 3 warnings:

ipmitool: ipmi_sdr_get_record() failed
ipmitool: ipmi_sdr_get_record() failed
ipmitool: ipmi_sdr_get_record() failed

I made some investigation and found it is caused by 3 sensors generated
by phosphor-health-monitor. I also found the direct cause is that
getManagedObjects() in ipmi-host fails to run against
xyz.openbmc_project.HealthMon root "/" object.

Do you have any idea about the root cause and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Heyi