Blinking of the paired LEDs

Alexander A. Filippov a.filippov at yadro.com
Wed Oct 27 04:11:54 AEDT 2021

We have green-red paired LEDs on our hardware. In SysFS they present as a pair of standalone LED.
And we switch the different color in different cases using separate LED groups in the phosphor-led-manager that turns corresponding physical LEDs.

One of those LED groups turning on the such LED to the yellow blinking by setting the blink mode on the both physical LED. But sometimes these physical LEDs turn with a little time lag. This leads to the blinking of the four states: green (short) -> yellow (long)-> red (short) -> off(long).

I believe this occurs when there is a some traffic through D-Bus (e.g. during the host starting) and LED manager can't set the physical LEDs mode synchronously.

And I see nothing better than trying to combine the phosphor-ledcontroller instances into one process and probably to implement the method for setting the properties with one D-Bus call.

Does anybody have suggestions about any better solution?