Implementing Shutdown interfaces like Critical/Warning interfaces in Dbus-sensors.

Kumar Thangavel kumarthangavel.hcl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 01:58:42 AEDT 2021

Hi All,

We have a use case of triggering alarms for Soft/Hard shutdown interfaces.
Based on these alarms, I need to power off the slots.

Critical and Warning interfaces and alarm created based on the sensor
threshold Severity value. Please refer to the below code.
https://github.com/openbmc/dbus-sensors/blob/master/src/Thresholds.cpp#L116

Already we have Severity 0  for Warning and Severity 1 for Critical.
We can have Severity 2 for Softshutdown and Severity 3 for Hardshutdown.

So, Based on the Severity value, the soft and hard shutdown alarm will set
as true.
Then the sensor-monitor application would take the action based on the
soft/hard shutdown alarm.

Could you please provide your suggestions on this.

Thanks,
Kumar.