support for gpio as ipmb sensor

naveen moses naveen.moses at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:12:55 AEDT 2021

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the suggestions. please find my comments below:

What do you mean when you say "cannot be directly monitored using gpio
monitor"?

Naveen : The gpio is connected via ipmb bridge interface so to read its state it should be done via ipmb call.
so, it cannot be specified as direct gpio config to be read by gpio-monitor process.

What about modelling the behaviour the GPIO state represents rather
than just providing a DBus interface to the GPIO values?

Naveen : The gpio behavior is done in separate process and there is a separate process which is depends on the gpio state.
Here the implementation is not for a specific gpio. there are 10 to 30 similiar gpios
which can be only accessed via ipmb bridge interface.  The ipmb gpio sensor we are proposing
could be for multiple number ipmb based gpios. The states of the individual ipmb gpios are monitored if they are configured in entity manager as gpio sensors.
their state is updated as sensor state property which can be read by other dependent properties.

Thanks,
Naveen