support for gpio as ipmb sensor

naveen moses naveen.moses at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 00:16:34 AEDT 2021

Hi All,

we have a couple of gpios ( input ) accessed via ipmb commands in our platform.
which cannot be directly monitored using gpio monitor.

our idea is to expose them as ipmb sensors which has gpio state as property which is updated based
on the current state of the gpio.

at present there is no compatible interface under xyz/openbmc_project/sensors for gpio as sensor.

So is this acceptable to create a new interface for gpio state under xyz/openbmc_project/sensors :
interface name : gpioState
which has a property named value whose possible values are boolean (true or false).

any alternate implementation suggestions or corrections are welcome.

Thanks,
Naveen.