openBMC pwm-fan control policy

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 08:57:35 AEDT 2021

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 01:55:31PM +0800, Landon wrote:
> add: I just want to know in  OpenBMC by reading different temperature values  or
> current values to  control the fan  output, so as  to cool down,  how does  this
> strategy work? An example of this.

This is using temperature values to control the fans so as to cool
down, it works by configuring phosphor-pid-control appropriately, I
hope it's enough of an example:

https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/configurations/R1000%20Chassis.json

If you think phosphor-pid-control is missing some documentation please
read its source code and send documentation patches for review.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com