documenting object associations

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Wed Nov 10 05:55:51 AEDT 2021

On Wed, Nov 03, 2021 at 09:17:55AM +1030, Andrew Jeffery wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Oct 2021, at 05:04, Brad Bishop wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I recently submitted a patch[1] that tries to establish a mechanism for
>> documenting our DBus object associations[2].
>>
>> The patch has been merged - I am sending this simply to highlight the
>> change and to encourage everyone to document your past, present and
>> future associations using this mechanism.  In case you missed the review
>> feel free to reply here with suggestions for improvements.
>
>Seems unfortunate that there's duplication :/ Is there a way to resolve it?

Right, I assume you mean that name and reverse_name are sort of
duplicated in both interfaces.  We could drop the reverse_names - it
probably isn't useful to know the reverse traversal association in the
context of the origin interface?  Now that you have me thinking about it
reverse_name is kind of an artifact of how associations are implemented.