ARM aarch64 confuse

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Nov 10 04:47:46 AEDT 2021

On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 03:53:20PM +0800, tandehui wrote:

> So does OpenBMC support 64-bit processors? If yes, what special
> attention should be paid to it?

I believe the latest Nuvoton chips are already aarch64.  In theory, our code
should be fairly 32/64-bit agnostic.  There have been a few bugs where the code
made 32-bit assumptions, especially around serializing data to/from files.
There could certainly be more.

> I am running openbmc on a ARM aarch64 cpu. I'm experiencing
> some webui-related issues that seem to be related to 64-bit processors.

The webui executes on browser (it is all javascript) and shouldn't care what
kind of processor is exposing the REST/Redfish APIs.  Can you elaborate on what
kind of problems you are seeing?  It is certainly possible that there are bugs
in the Redfish APIs themselves (see above), but it is hard to know without some
more details on what you mean by "some webui-related issues"...

--
Patrick Williams