[phosphor-logging] About the "Stop emitting Entry propChanged before ifacesAdded" change reason

Ed Tanous ed at tanous.net
Fri Nov 5 06:39:05 AEDT 2021

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 10:18 AM Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 10:13:06AM -0500, Matt Spinler wrote:
> > values, and then explicitly emits the IA signal.   Others can chime in,
> > but I didn't see it as proper D-Bus behavior to emit propertiesChanged
> > before InterfacesAdded, since in fact no property is changing after the
> > interface was added.
>
> Correct.  PropertiesChanged signals should not show up before InterfacesAdded.

But they should still show up eventually (after the InterfacesAdded),
right?  The patchset here seems to be under the impression that
PropertyChanged is never emitted when the object is added, which seems
incorrect, or at the very least is a breaking behavioral change.
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/48231