Re: [openbmc-qemu]: Add read mac from eeprom in uboot by i2c and lead to the image unable to start in QEMU?

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Wed May 26 09:06:24 AEST 2021

Hi Byron,

I've Cc'ed the openbmc mailing list on this reply.

On Tue, 25 May 2021, at 17:50, www wrote:

> At 2021-05-24 08:22:58, "Andrew Jeffery" <andrew at aj.id.au> wrote:
> >Hi Byron
> >
> >On Sat, 22 May 2021, at 19:32, www wrote:
> >> Hi Andrew Jeffery, Joel Stanley & Cédric Le Goater,
> >>
> >> chip:aspeed 2500
> >> uboot : u-boot-2016.07  commit-id: cc6c5bef00ebbac0b37
> >> platform: romulus
> >>
> >> I enable read mac from eeprom by i2c in uboot, and lead to  the image
> >> unable to start  in QEMU. The startup process stops at "Starting kernel
> >> ...“
> >> I'd like to ask:
> >> 1. How can I solve this problem? Do you have any suggestions?
> >
> >Can you please configure your kernel with the following and re-run?
> >
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_LL_UART_8250=y
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_PHYS=0x1e784000
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_VIRT=0xf8184000
> >
> I set up these four items and didn't print any information.
> then I add "*#define DEBUG*" in the file of *arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.S*,
> It's just one more line printed.

Sorry, I failed to mention that you also need to add 'debug' and
'earlyprintk' to your kernel commandline (i.e. append them to the
'bootargs' u-boot environment variable) for the CONFIG_DEBUG_* bits
above to be useful.

Let me know if that helps.

Andrew