push code to gatesgarth branch

krtaylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Wed May 26 00:36:09 AEST 2021

On 5/24/21 12:01 PM, Mohammed.Habeeb ISV wrote:
> Do we need to push the new code only on master branch? Any inputs?

As Patrick said, yes. New code, meaning a new feature I'm assuming, can
only be committed to the master branch. A critical fix *can* be
backported to a previously branched release, but it is very rare. It
must be a serious issue.

If instead you are trying to add a feature to a older release in some
way to support a product, that is handled differently - you are
encouraged to figure out how to make it work in the master branch,
failing that (and only as a last resort) you will need to fork a product
support branch for your product. Often this is done behind a company
firewall in order for a company to add "special" features that
differentiate their platform to a particular customer.

More info on why you need to do what you are asking may help the
community get you the info you need.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)