[PATCH v5 0/4] mmc: sdhci-of-aspeed: Support toggling SD bus signal
steven_lee at aspeedtech.com
Mon May 24 17:32:52 AEST 2021
AST2600-A2 EVB has the reference design for enabling SD bus
power and toggling SD bus signal voltage between 3.3v and 1.8v by
This patch series adds sdhci node and gpio regulators in a new dts file
for AST2600-A2 EVB.
The description of the reference design of AST2600-A2 EVB is added
in the new dts file.
This patch also include a helper for updating AST2600 sdhci capability
Changes from v4:
* Move sdhci node and gpio regulator from aspeed-ast2600-evb-a2.dts
to aspeed-ast2600-evb.dts. Now aspeed-ast2600-evb.dts only supports
A2(or newer) evbs.
* Remove aspeed-ast2600-evb-a2.dts since sdhci nodes were moved to
* Add aspeed-ast2600-evb-a1.dts for A1 and A0 evbs.
Changes from v3:
* Remove the example of gpio regulator from dt-bindings.
* Add sdhci node and gpio regulators to a new dts file.
* Move the comment of the reference design to the new
* Modify commit message of sdhci-of-aspeed.c.
* Fix coding style issues of sdhci-of-aspeed.c.
* Remove the implementation of eMMC resetc since it has no relevance to
the goal that this patch series want to achieve and it may needs further
discussion about the design of reset behavior.
Changes from v2:
* Move the comment of the reference design from dt-bindings to device tree.
* Add clk-phase binding for eMMC controller.
* Reimplement aspeed_sdc_set_slot_capability().
* Separate the implementation of eMMC reset to another patch file.
* Fix yaml document error per the report of dt_binding_check and
Changes from v1:
* Add the device tree example for AST2600 A2 EVB in dt-bindings
* Add timing-phase for eMMC controller.
* Remove power-gpio and power-switch-gpio from sdhci driver, they should
be handled by regulator.
* Add a helper to update capability registers in the driver.
* Sync sdhci settings from device tree to SoC capability registers.
* Sync timing-phase from device tree to SoC Clock Phase Control
Please help to review.
Steven Lee (4):
ARM: dts: aspeed: ast2600evb: Add sdhci node and gpio regulator for A2
ARM: dts: aspeed: ast2600evb: Add phase correction for emmc
ARM: dts: aspeed: ast2600evb: Add dts file for A1 and A0.
mmc: sdhci-of-aspeed: Configure the SDHCIs as specified by the
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-ast2600-evb-a1.dts | 15 ++++
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-ast2600-evb.dts | 87 ++++++++++++++++++++-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-aspeed.c | 48 ++++++++++++
3 files changed, 149 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-ast2600-evb-a1.dts
More information about the openbmc