push code to gatesgarth branch

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Fri May 21 06:26:59 AEST 2021

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 07:46:22PM +0000, Mohammed.Habeeb ISV wrote:
> We have added a new platform in openbmc 2.9 version. I tried to push the code for review however below error
> Occur. Can we still push the code to non-master old branches?
> Please let me know.

Hello Mohammed.

Two comments:

1. You tried to push directly into the gatesgarth branch rather than
`refs/for/gatesgarth`.  We don't allow anyone to push directly into
branches without review.

2. We have not been allowing development on old branches.  Is there any
reason why this code cannot go into the master branch, even if you are
using an older branch internally?  (Most open source projects have a
similar policy; development should happen on master and bug fixes can be
backported).

--
Patrick Williams