[Question] u-boot-spl and secure boot support

Jamin Lin jamin_lin at aspeedtech.com
Wed Mar 24 14:10:42 AEDT 2021

Hi all,
May I ask some questions about u-boot-spl and secure boot for ASPEED AST2600 support?

  1.  Refer to the "do_generate_static" and "do_generate_image_uboot_file" tasks from image_types_phosphor.bbclass, both tasks support to add "u-boot-spl.${UBOOT_SUFFIX}" in the image file.

However, I did not find the image file of UBI mode include "u-boot-spl.bin" in do_make_ubi task.

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-phosphor/classes/image_types_phosphor.bbclass#L210

do_make_ubi() {
        # Concatenate the uboot and ubi partitions

        mk_empty_image ${IMGDEPLOYDIR}/${IMAGE_NAME}.ubi.mtd ${FLASH_SIZE}

        dd bs=1k conv=notrunc seek=${FLASH_UBOOT_OFFSET} \

                if=${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/u-boot.${UBOOT_SUFFIX} \

                of=${IMGDEPLOYDIR}/${IMAGE_NAME}.ubi.mtd

        dd bs=1k conv=notrunc seek=${FLASH_UBI_OFFSET} \

                if=ubi-img \

          of=${IMGDEPLOYDIR}/${IMAGE_NAME}.ubi.mtd
}

    Can we change to add u-boot-spl.bin in the image file for UBI mode?

  1.  Refer to the image_types_phosphor.bbclass, it uses the hard code filename of u-boot and u-boot-spl and it is very difficult to change to use the singed files of u-boot-spl and u-boot in the image file.
For example:
I tried to use socsec tool to sing the original u-boot-spl.bin and the generated file was "s-u-boot-spl.bin". I wanted to add "s-u-boot-spl.bin" in the image file and I needed to modify image_types_phosphor.bbclass.
Can we use the variable name of u-boot-spl and u-boot instead of hard code naming?
FLASH_UBOOT_SPL _NAME ?= "u-boot-spl"
FLASH_UBOO_NAME ?= "u-boot"

Thanks-Jamin

************* Email Confidentiality Notice ********************
DISCLAIMER:
This message (and any attachments) may contain legally privileged and/or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete the e-mail and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.