Emit interface added signal

Ratan Gupta ratagupt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 18 21:33:21 AEDT 2021

Hi Team,

I faced the following issue in some of the D-Bus services.

Generally D-Bus services emit the interface added signal once the D-Bus
object gets created.

D-Bus objects can be created in two scenario

1) Actual creation of D-Bus object due to some action.

2) Restore the old D-Bus objects reading from the file system.

    e.g. Restore the dump objects / Error log objects etc.

We are having some use cases where we have to send the Rest/Redfish
event to the external clients once the dbus object gets added and for
the same we watch for the interface added signal.

Due to the 2) we send the false events to the external clients as the
D-Bus service gets restarted due to any reason(BMC reboot / Genuine
Failure).

Proposal: Don't emit the interface added signal by the D-bus service if
we are restoring the D-Bus objects from file system.

Do we see any concern here? or any other way to fix the above issue?

Ratan