Where to collect information for Redfish System's Processors, Storage, Memory data

Ed Tanous edtanous at google.com
Thu Mar 18 06:45:11 AEDT 2021

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 3:22 AM Thang Nguyen
<thang at os.amperecomputing.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for how to support Redfish System schema which information
> from Host:
>
> - Processors: redfish/v1/Systems/system/Processors
>
> - Storage: redfish/v1/Systems/system/Storage
>
> - Memory: redfish/v1/Systems/system/Memory
>
> I looked into the bmcweb repository at redfish-core/lib/memory.hpp and
> redfish-core/lib/pcie.hpp but just see doGet() function to read data
> from dbus to report via Redfish. There is no doPost() function to post
> codes to Redfish.

Today, there's no way to do this sort of Redfish POST/PATCH for normal
BIOS use cases.  I'm working on a design doc for how to add this (via
redfish host interface) to bmcweb.  If you have any ideas here for how
this should work, or requirements for what you're trying to do,
please, share.