Adding keys to BMC production build

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Fri Mar 12 03:51:33 AEDT 2021

On 3/10/21 8:35 PM, Troy Lee wrote:
> Hi Patrick, You could assign SIGNING_KEY to your private key for
> signing image. If it is not set,
> meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/flash/phosphor-insecure-signing-key-native.bb
> will be applied. Thanks, ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
> ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> You could assign SIGNING_KEY to your private key for signing image.
>
> If it is not set,
> meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/flash/phosphor-insecure-signing-key-native.bb
> will be applied.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Troy Lee

Yes, sort of.  The OpenBMC "Configuration Guide" wiki has items like this:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Configuration-guide#image-signature

Troy, I've added your info to the wiki.  Thank you!

The OpenBMC security working group has discussed migrating the config
guide into the docs repo.  Any volunteers?

-Joseph