any in-progress Redfish TelemetryService enhancements?

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu Mar 11 00:52:48 AEDT 2021

On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 09:07:51PM -0800, Ed Tanous wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 7:23 PM George Liu <liuxiwei1013 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Wludzik, Brad:
>>
>> Since we have some open-issues that need to rely on Telemetry service:
>> https://github.com/ibm-openbmc/dev/issues/2968
>> https://github.com/ibm-openbmc/dev/issues/2969
>
>The people that care about those things should really be reviewing the
>patches that are already in flight.  Unless I'm mistaken, I see no
>reviews from George on any of the telemetry patches:
>https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/topic:%2522telemetry%2522+reviewedby:liuxiwei%2540inspur.com

No disagreement that those who care about telemetry should help review
telemetry patches.

For what its worth I asked George to post to this thread so that
everyone is aware of his intent to work on these features.  OpenBMC is a
siloed project and I'm trying to set an example and break the silos down
by overcommunicating and asking others to do the same.

>> I want to make sure that Intel team will finish it by summer?
>> If it is, that is great, we will always focus on and participate in
>> the code-review.
>> Otherwise, as Brad said, we will come up with a proposal and report back here.
>
>You should participate in the reviews and help test either way.

I think there is a misunderstanding here.  The point of this thread was
simply to find out if the telemetry experts (or anyone else that cares
to comment) had any opinions on how these functions should be
implemented.  Clearly George can't review his own proposal can he?

>If the initial feature doesn't land on master, there's no point in
>working on or planning secondary features.

I understand you are focused on reviews and for good reason.  Does it
not make sense to work on reviews and design/planning in parallel?

-brad