No option to delete SSL certificates

Jayanth Othayoth ojayanth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 16:03:57 AEDT 2021

Discussion thread related Root CA certificate managment proposal
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2019-April/016136.html

*Deleting Certificates*
This option is required for deleting invalid/expired/compromised
certificates. Existing CertificateService schema doesn’t support to delete
the installed  certificates. Also  “deletable” option is disabled ((
deletable= false)) in the  CertificateCollection Schema
(https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/CertificateCollection.json) .

When we discussed during 2Q 2019  with DMTF, no certificate schema
available to handle root CA certificates.
DMTF was ok to extend existing certificate schema to support Root CA (
see proposal for details) till the Root CA schema is available.