Request for a new repository to enable Hardware Isolation (Guard)

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Wed Jun 30 03:47:58 AEST 2021

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 03:53:28PM +0000, Ramesh I I1 wrote:
>Hi All,
>

>Recently a design document [https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+
>/27804] merged to enable the hardware isolation (guard) and it requires a new
>daemon

[snip]

>If New repository means phosphor-hw-isolation (with extension) or
>openpower-hw-isolation?

Hi Ramesh.  I'm guessing a little but this isolating of hardware is
limited to POWER systems and even if it weren't, the implementation of
it would very likely highly architecture specific.  Therefore, the
common parts would be the end user interfaces and given that, I suggest
you have an openpower-hw-isolation implementation of some optional xyz
dbus interfaces to connect to the external BMC interfaces.

thx -brad