Rsyslog using Redfish

Benjamin Fair benjaminfair at google.com
Wed Jun 23 04:19:03 AEST 2021

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 10:18, Jayashree D <jayashree-d at hcl.com> wrote:

> Classification: Public
>

> Hi Ben,
>

> I submitted the below patch in gerrit regarding rsyslog for my platform.
>
> meta-facebook: Add rsyslog for yosemitev2. (Ife76252d) · Gerrit Code Review (openbmc-project.xyz)
>

> Also, there are few patches in gerrit for rsyslog which you have submitted.
>
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/topic:%22rsyslog-refactor%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)
>
> Whether these patches will be enough to store the event logs in redfish ?
>
> or any other changes needs to be done for my platform.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jayashree

Hi Jayashree,

I'm working on restructuring the rsyslog configs so that the Redfish
rsyslog actions can be installed from bmcweb and the IPMI ones from
phosphor-sel-logger. Once this is done, you'll be able to enable a
PACKAGECONFIG option instead of having to copy and paste the
rsyslog.conf file into your layer.

If you'd like to help with this refactoring, you can review the
changes in the rsyslog-refactor topic starting with this prerequisite:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-logging/+/44109

Thanks,
Benjamin