Are redfish event logs persistent across reboot?

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 22 10:49:28 AEST 2021

On 6/16/2021 9:22 PM, Udupa.Ashwini ISV wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are redfish event logs(/var/log/redfish) persistent across reboot?
This depends on how your filesystem is mounted.

We used to directly mount /var to our non-volatile flash partitions but
because of another feature requirement we now mount /var as an overlay
on /tmp:
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/blob/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-phosphor/preinit-mounts/preinit-mounts/init#L76

Then we have another service that periodically rsyncs the /tmp overlay
into the non-volatile flash partition to persist the redfish logs:
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/blob/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-core/nv-sync/nv-sync/nv-syncd