[OpenBMC][Test Automation] Test Bmc Dump test failed

CS20 CHLi30 CHLI30 at nuvoton.com
Thu Jun 17 12:02:27 AEST 2021

Hi Rahul,
After using redfish create dump, we got all test items failed from redfish/managers/test_bmc_dumps.robot.

And we found that problem in bmcweb and test_bmc_dumps.robot. Thus, we have provided patches to fix this problem then test is PASS.
I also add you as reviewer, could you please help to check this issue and our patches? Thanks you.

Patch for test_bmc_dumps.robot:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/+/44161
redfish: managers: Fix extract dump id from correct dump location URI

Symptom:
Create User Initiated BMC Dump keyword return incorrect field

Root cause:
"Create User Initiated BMC Dump" HttpHeaders of Payload didn't return correct location
then cause dump id cannot get properly

Solution:
Extract dump id from correct dump location URI

Tested:
robot test PASS for "Test Bmc Dumps" from redfish/managers/test_bmc_dumps.robot

Patch for bmcweb:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/44006
redfish: log_services: fix createDump functionality of redfish

Symptom:
CreateDump resp_handler got error in bmcweb then report internal error.

Root cause:
1. createDump() function in bmcweb didn't support parameters as CreateDump() function
   in phosphor-debug-collector then cause create dump through redfish all test items are failed.
2. createTask() function called by createDumpTaskCallback() in bmcweb didn't handle well with
   member InterfacesAdded then cause match rule didn't match and return dbus error.

Solution:
1. Modify sync_method_call with object_path return type for CreateDump method call.
2. Modify match rule with member PropertiesChanged for bmc dump entry path.

Tested:
curl -k -H "X-Auth-Token: $token" -X POST https://${bmc}/redfish/v1/Managers/bmc/LogServices/Dump/Actions/LogService.CollectDiagnosticData
-d '{"DiagnosticDataType": "Manager"}'

Sincerely,