SMP platform_can_cpu_hotplug() for the AST2600

Mark Rutland mark.rutland at arm.com
Thu Jan 28 04:05:03 AEDT 2021

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 08:39:15AM -0800, Bruce Mitchell wrote:
> I have discussed this on Discord OpenBMC on kernel-and-uboot, but I do not
> believe everyone is using Discord so I am expanding to a larger audience.

If you're after upstream arm kernel folk, please Cc the linux-arm-kernel
mailing list (AKA LAKML):

  linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org

... which should reach most people in that space.

You can subscribe to the list or view the archives at:

> I am going to be implementing SMP hotplug for the AST2600.
> Looking to see if ASPEED has any preference or suggestions regarding cpu_kill
> and cpu_die for CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU
> that platform_can_cpu_hotplug() builds on so as to round out the SMP
> implementation.
>
> This is currently preventing kexec_load() from succeeding.

IIUC this is 32-bit arm, for which I'm not the best contact, but there
are a number of people subscribed to LAKML who should be able to help.

Thanks,
Mark.