Intel-ipmi-oem repo

Lei Yu yulei.sh at bytedance.com
Fri Jan 15 13:23:13 AEDT 2021

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 3:23 AM Vernon Mauery
<vernon.mauery at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> I would say that if IBM is the only company using the sensor
> implementation that is currently in ipmid, it would be best to move it
> to the IBM OEM layer. But it is difficult in a project this size who is
> using what. So leaving it in ipmid for now is fine.

This is not the case. Bytedance uses ipmid with fixed yaml as well.
In our case, we have all the sensors on DBus created by
entity-manager/dbus-sensors, and only part of them are necessary for
ipmi.
So we specifically define the necessary sensors (and
inventory-sensors) in yaml and use the current ipmid to implement
them.

AFAIK Yadro and Ampere uses ipmid with fixed yaml too.

--
BRs,
Lei YU