Intel-ipmi-oem repo

Willy Tu wltu at google.com
Wed Jan 13 13:54:14 AEDT 2021

> Team,
> Intel-ipmi-oem should be broken and 2 parts, genric and oem specific. I
see several functionality in this repo like sensors and storage commands
are generic enough to be used by other platform who is using entity
manager. So I feel that we should have these functionalities to be moved to
a separate common repo which can be used by everyone and this repo can only
contain Intel OEM specific IPMI command support.

> My 2 cents 😊

Hi All,

I guess I'll start working on this if no one has any objection to it.

As mentioned in the beginning of the thread. The plan is to break down the
intel-ipmi-oem repo into two parts.
- True OEM at Intel
- Dynamic Sensor stacks (new repo)

The new repo could be named dbus-sdr or dbus-ipmi-sdr?
and will include the sensor and storage commands as mentioned.

Please let me know if there are any suggestions or concerns.

Best,

Willy Tu