READ_EIN/READ_EOUT

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Wed Jan 13 11:48:17 AEDT 2021

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021, at 10:04, Mike wrote:
> I did not fine use of the commands there, so unless the command comes
> through an interface outside this code, it is not used.
>
> But I am curious why sidestepping hwmon? Is thus a replacement or addition?

The rough justification is that developing a coherent kernel interface that
catered to the various features offered by different regulators is hard.

I don't like the approach but I don't have the (regulator) experience or time
to help out with the problem either, so we wound up with a userspace
implementation.

Andrew