Upstreaming downstream Google BMC repositories

Brandon Kim brandonkim at google.com
Thu Jan 7 12:49:32 AEDT 2021

Hi everyone,

We're exploring ways of upstreaming some of the downstream repositories
from Google to openbmc/* .

Half, if not most of the downstream repositories are C++ daemons that are
specific to Google so we didn't want to create a bunch of new
openbmc/<repo> that no one would use.

An idea that Ed gave me was having something like openbmc/google-misc
repository for all these repositories and if there are any that seem useful
to others, we can break it out into a different, separate repository in
openbmc/* layer.

Please let me know if this seems like a good idea and I'm open to other
suggestions!

Thanks,
Brandon