CI build for yosemitev2

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:27:06 AEDT 2021

> On Dec 21, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Velumani T-ERS,HCLTech <velumanit at hcl.com> wrote:
>
> Classification: Public
>
> Hi Andrew Geissler,
>
> We have ported many features of openbmc to facebook/yosemitev2 machine and the build is verified from the openbmc/master working fine. Could you please help us to add the Yosemitev2 machine in the CI build verification. This will help us to ensure there are no build break during new patch push.

Hi Velumani, glad to see a new system added to openbmc!

Getting a new system into CI doesn’t have the most defined process but
I think in general it has to fall under one of these due to our constraints
in compute power for CI[1]:

1) Propose an existing system in CI to replace (and the benefits of that)
2) Donate a jenkins compute node to openbmc CI
3) Convince the community that your system provides additional meta-*
    layer coverage (or some other critical benefit) that would be worth
    the additional hit to the existing CI infrastructure.

You could also look into hosting your own jenkins which builds
and scores the gerrit reviews. See this wiki for more info:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Adding-a-System-to-Hardware-Continuous-Integration <https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Adding-a-System-to-Hardware-Continuous-Integration>

[1]: https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/OpenBMC-Infrastructure-Workgroup#current-infrastructure <https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/OpenBMC-Infrastructure-Workgroup#current-infrastructure>

Andrew