The entityID and entityInstance always be 0.1.

Scron Chang (張仲延) Scron.Chang at quantatw.com
Fri Feb 26 13:39:51 AEDT 2021

Hi all,

In my case, the BMC uses intel-ipmi-oem, entity-manager, and dbus-sensors to manage the motherboard's sensors.
I intend to retrieve entityID and entityInstance via IPMI command, e.g., ipmitool sensor get <sensor name>.
However, intel-ipmi-oem always tries to find the sensor's "entityID" and "entityInstance" from its entity-manager entry.
(please refer to
https://github.com/openbmc/intel-ipmi-oem/blob/09701efa93f2e9b25b19c4560db60c1878ef8a9c/include/sdrutils.hpp#L438 and
https://github.com/openbmc/intel-ipmi-oem/blob/09701efa93f2e9b25b19c4560db60c1878ef8a9c/include/sdrutils.hpp#L470)

It seems like the entity-manager should create these two attributes consumed by intel-ipmi-oem, but schema doesn't include them.
Besides, entity-manager doesn't create "entityID" and "entityInstance" by itself.
I'm curious how initially entity-manager or intel-ipmi-oem plans to implement this feature.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Scron Chang
E-Mail  Scron.Chang at quantatw.com
Ext.    11936