What is OpenBMC ?

Daniel sd2 at maxvytech.com
Thu Feb 18 16:49:25 AEDT 2021

Hi,

I am new to OpenBMC or even BMC concept. Since a project requirement has come related to this concept , i want to learn about this concept. I am an embedded software developer.

Is OpenBMC an OS? somewhere i noticed that it will generate an image file to a target machine.

What are the prerequisites that a target BMC should have?

and please explain the following as well,

*Can we install in an FPGA board? if yes, what is the hardware requirement to install this OpenBMC?

*How redfish is used in OpenBMC?

*I would like to get some clarification in this concept.

*"Development board must support OpenBMC" what is the meaning of this statement?

Thank you,

Regards,

Daniel Kirubakaran S

Embedded SW Developer