U-boot version for AST2500

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Tue Feb 16 16:27:14 AEDT 2021

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 at 04:45, Pravinash Jeyapaul <pravinashj at ami.com> wrote:

> Is there any specific reason for using v2016.07 u-boot for AST2500? Why don’t community use v2019.04 for both AST2500 and AST2600.

Even better would be to use mainline u-boot's latest release.

The reason it's in use is no one has found the time to move the
existing machines to a newer u-boot, and test they still work. I
welcome anyone who can make progress in supporting the 2400 and 2500
machines with a newer u-boot tree.

The steps would be:

 1. Get a tree that works on the 2500
 2. Create an openbmc configuration for the NCSI and direct-PHY
systems. Ideally we could use one build with device tree to configure
them differently
 3. Ensure this configuration works on hardware and in our qemu model
 4. Update the tree to use them

Cheers,

Joel