Switch SensorCollection to show all sensors as new power/thermal schemas implemented

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 16 13:16:21 AEDT 2021

On 1/19/2021 9:53 PM, Deepak Kodihalli wrote:

> Where would the sensor collection be rooted at?
> /redfish/v1/chassis/{ID}/sensors?

Late reply. Yes. Sensors are associated to a chassis via an association.
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/919a7b6816a5f16aa72d298e81e0756d95d5031e/architecture/sensor-architecture.md#association-type-1-linking-a-chassis-to-all-sensors-within-the-chassis

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/40169 is the code
for moving bmcweb to all sensors in the sensor collection.

If so, would this also contain
> sensors accessible to the system software (some CPU/DIMM sensors for
> eg)?

Yes, it could. There is nothing in the Redfish spec that prevents that.
The definition of what a sensor is in Redfish is very broad.
If you need additional "ReadingTypes", I'm sure Redfish would be willing
to add with a use case.

https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/v1/Sensor.v1_2_0.json

Hope this helps,
Gunnar