force upgrade of the BMC.

Mahesh Kurapati mahesh.kurapati at keysight.com
Wed Feb 10 11:03:53 AEDT 2021

I changed my dts to add more tach channels, and built the new image.   After copying the new image to /tmp/images, I see that the same image code is generated even for the new image.  Not sure why.  How do I force upgrade this image on to the BMC with dbus command.  I am running the following command.  But it is not upgrading the BMC.  Can somebody pls help?  I am using 2.8.0.

tacuser at fenderbmc:/tmp/images# ls
5cdb4860
tacuser at fenderbmc:/tmp/images#

tacuser at fenderbmc:~# busctl set-property xyz.openbmc_project.Software.BMC.Updater /xyz/openbmc_project/software/5cdb4860 xyz.openbmc_project.Software.Activation RequestedActivation s xyz.openbmc_project.Software.Activation.RequestedActivations.Active
tacuser at fenderbmc:~# echo $?
0
tacuser at fenderbmc

thank you