sdbusplus reading InterfacesAdded issue: not all variants are created equal

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 23:48:49 AEDT 2021

Hello Ed,

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 10:14:02AM -0800, Ed Tanous wrote:
> > So what is the correct method of using statically-typed sdbusplus APIs
> > to parse such a "dynamic" reply?
>
> I haven't looked at the code in question, but we hit the same thing in
> bmcweb, and solved it by just doing the unpack manually from the
> message, which lets you directly unpack into whatever structure you
> want.

I see, you had to dynamically parse it by implementing
read*FromMessage ad-hoc functions as the nature of that case is
inherently dynamic.

Thank you for the example, I hope your mail will surface in the
Internet search results when the next dev starts scratching the
head. And then probably sdbusplus API will be extended to cover the
usecase if it's needed by more than bmcweb.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com