Upcoming OpenBMC release 2.11

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Dec 16 09:14:10 AEDT 2021

Hello,

It has been almost a year since our last release (2.9).  We created a tag for
2.10.0-rc1 but it was never completed.  We recently created a branch for the
upstream Yocto Honister release and primed it with everything that was in our
`master` plus an update of Yocto to the Honister release branch.

What I'd like to do is target January 14th, 2022 for our 2.11 release.  If you
are interested in your systems working on that release branch, please test the
'honister' branch and let me know of any issues you see either here or in
#release-planning.

Since there has typically not been tons of demand on release branches and
support of them, this is going to be a low-effort process.  If anyone is
interested in better defining (and executing) a release process going forward,
we are certainly interested in volunteers.

--
Patrick Williams