Creating Hard Shutdown interfaces/alarm for NIC Sensor

Ed Tanous ed at tanous.net
Tue Aug 17 05:32:38 AEST 2021

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 11:54 AM Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 09:27:58PM +0530, Kumar Thangavel wrote:
> >         Gentle Reminder.  Any suggestions/idea on this.
>
> Hi Kumar,
>
> Can you frame your original email with a question?
>
> I'm not versed in the details here enough to know what you're underlying
> concern is.  When I read the email I see mostly a list of "facts".
>
> I suspect others are similarly not responding because they don't know what you
> want to know or where your doubts are.

I wasn't responding because there's been several discussions on almost
this exact use case, as well as patchsets to add the new types and
interfaces.  To reiterate Patricks comment, I was hoping you'd search
for them and either jump into those discussions where the work is
being done, or propose some more pointed questions once you got more
versed on what already exists along those lines.