Request new repo for Audit function

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Aug 17 00:25:24 AEST 2021

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 08:51:32AM +0800, George Liu wrote:
> Hi Brad:
>
> We have a requirement to implement an Audit function, I found that
> there is a design doc[1], but there is no code to implement it.
>
> Could you create a new repo for Audit function?
> eg: phosphor-audit
>
> [1]: https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/phosphor-audit.md
>
> thx - George Liu

George,

Are you planning to implement the design as-is?  It has been quite a while since
this design was proposed and it feels to me like there may be some overlap with
the Redfish logging proposal[1].

With how old this design doc is, I think we should have an update / re-review
of it.  If you are willing to take on this development effort, could you replace
yourself as the "Primary Assignee" and make any necessary updates?

1. https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/architecture/redfish-logging-in-bmcweb.md

--
Patrick Williams