回覆: [x86-power-control]: press the power button for a long time that can't force turn off system power

Chris Chen (TPI) Chris.Chen3 at flex.com
Mon Aug 16 20:45:38 AEST 2021

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your hint (CONFIG_DEBUG_PINCTRL=y) that let me see where the passthrough setting was disabled.
======
[   11.631044] aspeed-g6-pinctrl 1e6e2000.syscon:pinctrl: request pin 120 (AB22) for 1e780000.gpio:120
[   11.631064] Muxing pin 120 for GPIO
[   11.631071] Disabling signal PWM8 for PWM8
[   11.631087] Want SCU41C[0x01000000]=0x1, got 0x0 from 0x000000C0
[   11.631094] Disabling signal THRUIN0 for THRU0
[   11.631102] Want SCU4BC[0x01000000]=0x1, got 0x1 from 0x0F000000
[   11.631118] Want SCU4BC[0x01000000]=0x0, got 0x0 from 0x0E000000
[   11.631124] Enabling signal GPIOP0 for GPIOP0
======

But something strange is the logs seems from "x86-power-control" package because it would not appear after I commented out partial code as below in the package.
Could you or others tell me why, please? I mean did I miss any configurations or code changes or anything when using the "x86-power-control" package?

#if 0 //Added by Chris for testing
    // Request POWER_BUTTON GPIO events
    if (!powerButtonName.empty())
    {
        if (!requestGPIOEvents(powerButtonName, powerButtonHandler,
                               powerButtonLine, powerButtonEvent))
        {
            return -1;
        }
    }
    else
    {
        phosphor::logging::log<phosphor::logging::level::ERR>(
            "powerButton name should be configured from json config file");
        return -1;
    }
#endif //Added by Chris for testing

Another, last time I forgot to say that I have tried to use "devmem 0x1e6e24BC 32 0x0F000000" to set passthrough back manually and the power button works fine. This is why I think the passthrough was gone after the system booting up.

Regards,
Chris Chen

________________________________
寄件者: Andrew Jeffery <andrew at aj.id.au>
寄件日期: 2021年8月16日 下午 02:30
收件者: Chris Chen (TPI) <Chris.Chen3 at flex.com>; Bills, Jason M <jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com>; openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
主旨: Re: [x86-power-control]: press the power button for a long time that can't force turn off system power

Hi Chris,

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021, at 13:22, Chris Chen (TPI) wrote:
> Hi Jason and others,
>
> I think I figured out the problem is the GPIOP0 and GPIOP1 passthrough
> was not set after system booting up. However, as I mentioned when
> rising the question, I have already set GPIOP0 and P1 passthrough in
> u-boot, it for now looks like was been turned off during Kernel or
> OpenBMC application running up. Can you please give me a clue why the
> GPIO passthrough would be turned off or where should I need to add
> passthrough setting again?

If the kernel is disabling it you might be able to find the cause with
CONFIG_DEBUG_PINCTRL=y and the pinctrl attributes in debugfs. Having
said that, the upstream kernel hasn't been taught about SCU510[28] on
the 2600, so if it is touching it then it's doing so via out-of-tree
patches.

Andrew

Legal Disclaimer :
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential.
It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form,
please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message!