[phosphor-sel-logger] Watchdog Event Monitor Usage

Willy Tu wltu at google.com
Tue Aug 10 06:38:52 AEST 2021

Hi all,

I am writing this to see if anyone is using the Watchdog Event Monitor
option in phosphor-sel-logger.

Option: `log-watchdog`

I have made a few changes to `phosphor-watchdog` that sends out Timeout
signals during timeout events.

See https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-watchdog/+/44749

I am thinking of replacing the existing watchdog event to check that signal
instead or checking for the `Enabled` property change.

See https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-sel-logger/+/45622

I think the existing change is wrong, since changing the `Enabled` property
does not necessary mean the watchdog event got triggered.

So I am wondering if anyone needs the watchdog event monitor? or if I can
replace it.

Best,

Willy Tu